Applications: In order to apply, please send all resumes and information to [email protected]
Landscape / Hardscape Foreman
Landscape/Hardscape Foreman is responsible for installation and management of landscape and hardscape projects with great precision and business minded efficiency.
* Reads landscape/hardscape design prints and implements the construction plan
* Manage personnel effectively and efficiently
* Installs paver patios: stone, wood or segmental block retaining walls
* Installs low-voltage landscape lighting
* Installs concrete
* Installs irrigation systems, ponds, and water features
* Understands elevations and uses this knowledge to execute the construction plan.
* Operates, proficiently, a variety of mechanical equipment, including bobcats, back hoes, compactors, stone grinders, drills, chop saws, brush hog, demolition hammers and mini excavator
* Operates vehicles such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations
* Routinely interacts with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of job, answering questions, responding to client’s requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion
* Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
* Completes the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, and material requisitions
* Basic understanding and knowledge of ornamental plants, ground cover, and landscaping structures
* Snow removal during the winter months
Regularly required to stand; walk; crouch, stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear, lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
* 3+ years experience in both landscape and hardscape fields
* Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills are a must
* Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
* Ability to work out of town
* Valid PA driver’s license and reputable driving record (CDL preferred)
* Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including mini-excavators, skid steer machinery with various attachments
* Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications
* Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens and trees; identification and cultural requirements
* Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated
* Verbal & written communication skills
* Good time management skills
* Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e., clientele, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other designers)
* Clean and professional appearance
* Punctual and dependable
Starting salary $35,000 yearly, plus benefit package